MADE Partner Information
Download the MADE 2023 Partner packet and see below for more information.
How to Hire a MADE Intern
We are accepting new partners on a rolling-basis. If your company is ready to sign-up as a partner, complete this form here. If you have questions or would like to discuss further, please contact Sarah Ackerman at email@example.com.
Key Insights for Partners
1. Diversity focus without being diversity exclusive: While diversity is one of the main drivers of the program- over 60% of each MADE class is comprised of students of color- no groups of students are excluded from this program, opening new channels to talent across the diversity landscape. We embrace all talent, with diversity being at the heart of that.
2. Technology leveraged to scale program recruitment: Recruiting process is reflective of best practices at top companies, provides high quality data back to the industry and recalibrates tactics for assessing students at scale.
3. Cultivates future industry leaders: AEF provides MADE interns with a skill development certification course, an industry mentor & training sessions on topics such as marketing technology, data analytics & AI, consumer trends & insights, brand strategy, and inclusive marketing, to provide the foundation for a successful career.
4. Involvement of the entire marketing ecosystem: MADE has wide-ranging industry engagement with top marketers, ad agencies, and media organizations participating in or supporting this program.
5. Recruiting on your timeline: AEF provides MADE interns based on your hiring needs and timeline. You can recruit inters for the Fall, Winter, Spring and/or Summer.
Read more about this initiative in Ad Age.
The AEF conducts outreach to its network of over 5,000 professors nationwide to identify the best students to apply to this program. We also use a variety of other recruiting tools to supplement the professor referrals.
The student application consists of:
- Academic recommendation
- Digital interview
At the heart of this evaluation is the academic recommendation. Professors are often the best evaluators of critical thinking and analytical reasoning because they have first-hand knowledge of a student’s abilities.
Candidate Selection Process
The AEF reviews and vets every applicant. Selected candidates are moved to a live virtual interview and are asked behavior-based questions and engage in a mini-case study. Finalists are shared with our Partner Companies based on their specific criteria & available roles.
Timeline for 2023 Internships
We open student applications in August 2022 and can start sharing candidates with our partners as early as September. We are very flexible and can accommodate companies that hire interns year-round.
- Student Application Opened: August 15th, 2022
- Student Application Closes: January 27, 2023
Benefits for MADE Interns
As a MADE Intern, students have access to:
- Weekly MADE Web Sessions featuring executive speakers from companies such as L’Oreal, Wunderman Thompson, Deutsch, American Express, McCann & TikTok. Topics include multicultural & inclusive advertising, social impact & purpose-driven brand strategy, storytelling, and consumer trends & insights.
- Involvement in a Mentor Match program that pairs them up with industry executives based on their area of interest and encourages virtual meetings throughout the summer.
- Certified ANA Marketing Student (CAMS) program which is a 17-hour on-demand virtual marketing course led by industry practitioners which results in a digital badge & certificate upon completion.
- Networking & community support through virtual meetups throughout the summer and involvement in exclusive social groups.
- Portfolio/resumes reviews with recruiters at top agencies to help sharpen their personal brand and guide their next career steps.
Become a MADE Mentor
Looking to share your wisdom with a student as a mentor? We are always seeking new marketers and advertisers to offer one-to-one mentoring for the next generation of talent. We welcome all industry professionals to participate as mentors, regardless of background, experience level, area of expertise or title.
Please note, registration for the Summer 2022 MADE Mentorship Program is now closed. To sign up for future mentorship opportunities, please check back soon or email Sarah Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Great mix of technical info and real life experience to justify it. Easily the best guest lecture I’ve had in college. So relevant and informative."— Student at Villanova University after AEF sent speaker from BBDO