MADE Student Information
The MADE (Marketing and Advertising Education) internship is a leadership development program for students interested in becoming the future leaders of the marketing and advertising industry. Founded by the ANA Educational Foundation, the MADE internship places you in a summer intern program at one of more than 50 marketing, advertising, or media companies, with participants including MasterCard, IBM, Sephora, McCann, mcgarrybowen, and Ogilvy. Positioned as the “common app” for summer internships, this paid program is designed to provide students with the skills, the mentors, and the training that will help you thrive in the industry.
What MADE Interns had to say about their experience:
“I am grateful for the opportunity the MADE program has provided me and credit it for positioning me for success. Thank you for everyone who worked so hard to make the MADE program possible. I hope for great success for it and its participants in the future.”
“I’d like to put in writing that it’s been amazing working with everyone this summer. You’ve all contributed immensely to my career and making my goals a reality…truly an invaluable thing. Please keep me in mind as a friend of the AEF. I’d love to pay it forward any way I can – now or in the future.”
Application opening: November 27, 2018
Application deadline: January 18, 2019
Matching Process Overview
Currently, we have more than 50 companies signed up to hold a slot for the MADE program. Given that we do not know the exact hiring needs of every company, we have a greater pool of candidates who we are sharing with host companies than we have slots. See below for the process we are using to match students with host companies:
- Based on student interest and the MADE committee assessment, we have shared the candidate’s entire file (e.g., resume, recommendation, digital interview, online assessment score) with that host company
- That host company then selects the two candidates who they want exclusivity to continue the conversation. That exclusivity lasts for one week, and after that time expires, other companies can consider that candidate.
- The host company then sets up a further discussion with that candidate. Some companies will want you to meet the hiring manager. Others might just accept you outright. Every company is different so we are trying to gather as much information as possible and communicate that to you.
A Few Things To Consider
- Matching process is slow – we are talking to all of our host companies during the month of February. We have stressed urgency but often the matching process is slow (e.g., scheduling conflicts, committee review of candidates, delay in getting back to us). We have created mechanisms to drive greater urgency but can only move as fast as the hiring companies.
- A match is not guaranteed – we unfortunately cannot guarantee a placement for you during this process. Please treat every opportunity as an interview so that you can make the best possible placement.
- Competition for just one slot – the company will often be interviewing two candidates from the MADE pool for one slot. Please make sure you are prepared for that conversation.
- Insight into the MADE host company – we will try to prepare you as much as possible for that conversation with the MADE host company (e.g., what they are looking for, what the candidate process looks like). We want you to succeed.
- More companies added to the MADE mix – our goal is to enable placement for many of you as possible. We are adding more companies to the MADE host pool every week based on our conversations.
Our Expectations Of You
- Please just communicate with us if a company is of interest. We expect you to get back to us within two business days. If we do not hear from you, we will then assume you are not interested in that opportunity (and also the MADE program in general).
- Please do let us know if you have other offers. We can give you a realistic sense of where you stand in the process based on our conversations.
Just getting started? Check out our Career Guide to jump start your career.Learn More