The ANA Educational Foundation (AEF) is seeking a Program Lead, Talent Development to help realize our mission of connecting the advertising, marketing, and academic communities to educate and inspire the next generation of talent. Reporting to the CEO and President of the ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), the Director’s main responsibility is to oversee and drive the growth of the MADE Program, which functions as the “common app” for students in the marketing and advertising industry. Since its inception in 2018, the program has placed more than 150 candidates at brands, agencies, publishers, and non profits.
In addition, the Program Lead, Talent Development will be responsible for directing the operations of other tentpole programs – Campus Speakers Program and Visiting Professor Program – to maximize their reach and impact with the support of three direct reports.
- MADE Program – Be the architect of the entire recruiting process for the 2,000+ applicants who apply for this program
- Student Recruitment – work with key outlets (e.g., professors, Handshake, MADE alumni) to drive student recruitment to apply for programs
- Partner Recruitment – identify and expand network of partners who will want to place students into internship and entry-level full time opportunities
- Interview and Placement – build a process to interview candidates at scale and develop a matching process to place these candidates at host companies
- Summer Resource Training – provide resources for students during the summer to bolster their marketing knowledge and experience through webinars, mentorship, and certification
- Cultivate MADE Alumni Network – develop a strategy to cultivate current MADE alumni network to keep them engaged after graduating from program
- Campus Speakers Program – collaborate with a team member to ensure flawless execution of a program designed to bring industry speakers into the classroom which includes:
- Professor Identification – build outreach strategy to generate interest from professors to commit to hosting a speaker for the classroom
- Speaker Identification – match professor interest with speaker capability and manage logistics to ensure a successful visit
- Measurement and Optimization – survey visit quality and track key satisfaction metrics over time of professors, students, and the industry participant
- Visiting Professor Program (VPP) – collaborate with a team member to ensure flawless execution of a program designed to connect professors with industry:
- Professor Identification – identify and qualify professors who want to participate in a week-long industry immersion to bridge the gap between theory and practice while creating academic networking opportunities
- Company Identification – identify the right mix of companies to participate in this week-long immersion who will dedicate the time and resources to maximize the experience for these professors
- Alumni Cultivation – cultivate VPP alumni to become part of a larger professor community to become active in other parts of the AEF programming (e.g., such as the academic journal Advertising & Society Quarterly)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for the ANA Educational Foundation’s mission and for fostering marketing and advertising talent, particularly among those with diverse backgrounds
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or advertising
- Recruiting background desired; hiring experience necessary
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate with very effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to change based on constituency (student versus professor versus industry)
- Must be proactive and flexible, a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” team player able to work in a fluid environment with changing priorities
- Travel may be required
Professional Experience and Qualifications
Our competitive total rewards package includes the following benefits and incentives:
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k with company match, flexible scheduling, generous paid time off program, casual dress code, incentives, and rewards.
If you have a passion for inspiring and educating the next generation of marketing talent, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,800 companies with 20,000 brands that engage almost 50,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
The ANA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.