Reporting to the SVP, Education and Content, the Manager’s main responsibility is to assist with the AEF’s educational programs and digital content, including our website, email newsletter, social media and Conferences on Campus. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the advertising and marketing industry. This position will maintain and enhance our WordPress site; create and design bespoke social images and captions to promote our programs on social media; manage the logistics and tech for virtual events; able to identify speakers for campus events; and build solid working relationships with academic and industry partners.
• Maintain and enhance the website by collaborating and strategizing with various departments
• Create custom images and captions for social media, assist with posts and curation of content across all AEF social media accounts with an eye towards increasing engagement
• Write and design email newsletters to various AEF constituencies
• Setup and manage the Zoom account for all AEF virtual events
• Assist with identifying potential conference speakers and logistics
• Work closely with internal team members on all aspects of distribution, content, and strategies
• Provide communications support to our stakeholders to help each AEF program achieve its engagement objectives
• Collaborate with internal departments to understand their work and develop written website content that clearly and effectively communicates these efforts to stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution plus 2-4 years’ prior work experience at an advertising agency, marketer and/or media company
• At least 1-year of experience managing an external-facing website and/or social media account on a professional level
• Technologically savvy, particularly with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, MailChimp, and social media.
• Experience managing virtual events using the Zoom platform.
• Passion for fostering marketing and advertising talent among those with diverse backgrounds
• Experienced relationship builder with excellent oral/written communication skills
• Attention to detail while handling multiple, deadline-driven priorities
• Superior critical thinking skills with the ability to execute innovative solutions and improve processes
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Focused on delivering accurate and high-quality content
• Experience in designing social media images using Canva platform and creating compelling captions is a plus
• A collaborative spirit working with both internal and external partners
• An understanding of the academic ecosystem
New York City (hybrid)
Salary and Total Rewards Package:
Starting pay range: $60,000 to $65,000, based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k with company match, hybrid workweek and flexible scheduling, generous paid time off program, casual dress code, incentives, and rewards.
If your skills, experience, and enthusiasm align with the requirements and responsibilities of this position, please forward your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: only applicants who include salary requirements will be considered.
About the ANA Educational Foundation
The ANA Educational Foundation (AEF) annually manages over 300 executive speaker engagements on campuses nationwide, multiple regional marketing conferences, the MADE Internship Program, the Visiting Professor Program, an annual fundraising gala and educational content on www.aef.com. Our programs help advance the understanding of marketing and advertising on campus and provides a forum for exchanging ideas and valuable networking opportunities between top talent and leading industry organizations.
About the ANA
The ANA’s (Association of National Advertisers) mission is to drive growth for marketing professionals, brands and businesses, the industry and humanity. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. Our membership includes more than 20,000 brands and 50,000 industry professionals that collectively invest $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. It consists of U.S. and international companies, including client-side marketers, nonprofits, universities, and marketing solutions providers, which include ad agencies, marketing data science and technology suppliers, law firms, consultants, and vendors. We are obsessed with delighting our members through superior products and services and an unwavering commitment to helping them become more effective marketers, build stronger brands, develop a more productive industry, and benefit humanity through bold leadership and innovation programs.