AEF Program Manager
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,800 companies with 20,000 brands that engage almost 50,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
Created in 1983 and supported by its three constituencies, advertising, media and marketing, the AEF is a 501(c)3 operating foundation. We create and distribute educational content to improve the understanding and appreciation of the societal role of advertising and marketing through our programs on college campuses across the country. These programs have continuously played a role in attracting high-quality college graduates in our industry. We achieve our mission through our 3 core pillars: Partnership Programs, Academic Resources, and Building the Next Generation of Talent.
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to the VP of Programs, the Program Manager’s main responsibility is to assist with the AEF’s educational programs and talent initiatives, including the Campus Speakers Program and MADE Internship Program. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the advertising and marketing industry and able to identify speakers for campus events; help interview & evaluate candidates for our national internship program; assist with promoting our programs on social media and build solid working relationships with academic and industry partners.
The AEF annually manages over 200 executive speaker visits to campuses nationwide, five campus conferences, the MADE national Internship Program, the Visiting Professor Program, an annual fundraising gala and a wealth of educational content on www.aef.com Our programs help advance the marketing and advertising knowledge of students & college faculty, provide a forum for exchanging ideas and valuable networking opportunities between top talent and leading industry organizations.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with industry leaders, senior executives and college professors around the country
- Work with college faculty to fulfill Campus Speaker Program requests including identifying and inviting industry speakers to donate their time and expertise and visit specific campuses
- Assist with Campus Speaker Program operations including developing speaker resources and updating/maintaining contact database;
- Support the MADE Internship program: review candidate applications, interview final round candidates and help to facilitate the host matching process
- Assist with posts and curation of content on AEF social media pages
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2-4 years’ prior work experience at an advertising agency, client-side marketer and/or media company
- At least 1-year experience managing a social media account on a professional level
- Passion for fostering marketing/advertising talent
- Experienced relationship builder with excellent oral/written communication skills
- Attention to detail while handling multiple, deadline-driven priorities
- Superior critical thinking skills with the ability to execute innovative solutions and improve processes
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
Our comprehensive total rewards package includes the following benefits, incentives, and perks:
Competitive salaries, excellent health, and wellness benefits, 401k with company match, flexible scheduling, generous Paid Time Off program, designated work from home days, summer Fridays, casual dress code.
If your skills and experience align with this position’s requirements and responsibilities, please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered. Application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
The ANA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.
Just getting started? Check out our Career Guide to jump start your career.Learn More