AEF Director, University Membership
The ANA (Association of National Advertisers) makes a difference for individuals, brands, and the industry by driving growth, advancing the interests of marketers and promoting and protecting the well-being of the marketing community. Founded in 1910, the ANA provides leadership that advances marketing excellence and shapes the future of the industry. The ANA’s membership includes more than 1,800 companies with 20,000 brands that engage almost 50,000 industry professionals and collectively spend or support more than $400 billion in marketing and advertising annually. Further enriching the ecosystem is the work of the nonprofit ANA Educational Foundation (AEF), which has the mission of enhancing the understanding of advertising and marketing within the academic and marketing communities.
Created in 1983 and supported by its three constituencies, advertising, media and marketing, the AEF is a 501(c)3 operating foundation. We create and distribute educational content to improve the understanding and appreciation of the societal role of advertising and marketing through our programs on college campuses across the country. These programs have continuously played a role in attracting high-quality college graduates in our industry. We achieve our mission through our 3 core pillars: Partnership Programs, Academic Resources, and Building the Next Generation of Talent.
Location: New York, NY
The ANA Educational Foundation (AEF) is seeking a Director, University Membership to help realize our mission of connecting the advertising, marketing, and academic communities to educate and inspire the next generation of talent. Reporting to the SVP of Partnerships, the Director’s main responsibility is to drive donor and university member satisfaction for the Give the Gift of ANA University Membership Program. This individual will also be responsible for researching, cultivating, and initiating new prospect donor opportunities. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the advertising and marketing industry and have a passion for fostering marketing and advertising talent, particularly of diverse backgrounds.
- Implement member recruitment, new member orientation, and retention strategies
- Develop and follow a measurable strategic plan to recruit new members and retain current members
- Develop and meet or exceed annual membership targets
- Displays an understanding of the activities, trends, and the financial impact of membership retention, participation, and recruitment
- Responsible for revenue targets for yearly membership dues and donor invoicing process
- Recognizes the ANA Educational Foundation’s goals, mission, and vision, as well as the actions required to achieve them
- Seeks new knowledge of tools, techniques, and skills for creating effective member driven membership recruitment and retention
- Effective member management includes recruiting, onboarding, orienting, guiding, supporting, and motivating
- Effectively manage projects to deliver high-quality results in accordance with deadlines
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders at donor companies and university members to produce and implement a customized Member Action/Engagement plan
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the marketing and advertising ecosystem
- Demonstrate exceptional understanding of business fundamentals
- Travel may be required
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for the ANA Educational Foundation’s mission and for fostering marketing and advertising talent, particularly among those with diverse backgrounds
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or advertising, preferably with account management/client service experience
- Extensive strategic, creative and client service skills with a strong understanding of the marketing and advertising ecosystem
- Possess a persistent desire to go above and beyond
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent persuasive communication skills
- Highly organized, detailed, accurate with very effective time management skills
- Must be proactive and flexible, a “roll up your sleeves and get it done” team player able to work in a fluid environment with changing priorities
- A collaborative, can-do approach to problem solving, and the ability to meet deadlines and efficiently manage projects
Our comprehensive total rewards package includes the following benefits, incentives, and perks:
Comprehensive health and wellness benefits, 401k with company match, flexible scheduling, generous paid time off program, casual dress code, incentives, and rewards.
If you have a passion for inspiring and educating the next generation of marketing talent, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com. Only applicants with salary requirements will be considered.
The ANA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or genetic information.
"The single biggest community that will change the future of marketing is academia."— Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Mastercard