MADE Partner Information
Download the MADE Partner information and see below for more information.
How to Hire a MADE Intern
We are accepting new partners on a rolling-basis. If your company is ready to sign-up as a partner, complete this form here. If you have questions or would like to discuss further, please contact Aisha Brown at email@example.com.
Key Insights for Partners
1. Diversity focus without being exclusive: While diversity is one of the main drivers of the program- over 60% of each MADE class is comprised of students of color- no groups of students are excluded from this program, opening new channels to talent across the diversity landscape. We embrace all talent, with diversity being at the heart of that.
2. Technology leveraged to scale program recruitment: Recruiting process is reflective of best practices at top companies, provides high quality data back to the industry and recalibrates tactics for assessing students at scale.
3. Cultivates future industry leaders: AEF provides MADE interns with a skill development certification course, an industry mentor & training sessions on topics such as marketing technology, data analytics & AI, consumer trends & insights, brand strategy, and inclusive marketing, to provide the foundation for a successful career.
4. Involvement of the entire marketing ecosystem: MADE has wide-ranging industry engagement with top marketers, ad agencies, and media organizations participating in or supporting this program.
5. Recruiting on your timeline: AEF provides MADE interns based on your hiring needs and timeline. You can recruit inters for the Fall, Winter, Spring and/or Summer.
Read more about this initiative in Ad Age.
The AEF conducts outreach to its network of over 5,000 professors nationwide to identify the best students to apply to this program. We also use a variety of other recruiting tools to supplement the professor referrals.
The student application consists of:
- Academic recommendation
- Digital interview
At the heart of this evaluation is the academic recommendation. Professors are often the best evaluators of critical thinking and analytical reasoning because they have first-hand knowledge of a student’s abilities.
Candidate Selection Process
The AEF reviews and vets every applicant. Selected candidates are moved to a live virtual interview and are asked behavior-based questions and engage in a mini-case study. Finalists are shared with our Partner Companies based on their specific criteria & available roles.
Timeline for 2024 Internships
We open student applications in August 2023 and can start sharing candidates with our partners as early as September. We are very flexible and can accommodate companies that hire interns year-round.
- Student Application Opened: August 21, 2023
- Student Application Closes: January 26, 2024
Benefits for MADE Interns
As a MADE Intern, students have access to:
- Involvement in a Mentor Match program that pairs them up with industry executives based on their area of interest and encourages virtual meetings throughout the summer.
- Certified ANA Marketing Student (CAMS) program which is a 16-hour on-demand virtual marketing course led by industry practitioners which results in a digital badge & certificate upon completion.
- Networking & community support through virtual meetups throughout the summer and involvement in exclusive social groups.
- Portfolio/resume reviews with recruiters at top agencies to help sharpen their personal brand and guide their next career steps.
- Career development workshops to gain insights into navigating the industry as an early careerist.
What types of students apply?
We only accept undergraduate juniors & seniors (graduating between May 2024 and May 2025). They come from all types of universities nationwide, including HBCUs and HSIs. Students encompass all majors including liberal arts & STEM (advertising & marketing too, of course!) We are inclusive to all!
Can you help me hire a MADE intern in the fall/winter/spring/summer?
Yes! Although we traditionally focused on summer internships, we are now helping students connect with year-round opportunities. We accept new partners on an ongoing basis, and can work around your specific recruiting needs, including helping you find interns for Fall, Winter, and/or Spring internships.
How do i sign up to hire a MADE intern?
We’d be delighted to partner with you! All companies, ad agencies, marketers, media organizations, are welcome to participate. If you’re interested, please click the link below or reach out to Aisha Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a cost to participate?
There is no cost to participate if your respective organization is an ANA Member or University Member donor. MADE is considered an added membership benefit. For organizations not part of the ANA or University Membership donor umbrella, we request a $2,500 donation to support our HBCU scholarship fund.
Become a MADE Mentor
Looking to share your wisdom with a student as a mentor? We are always seeking new marketers and advertisers to offer one-to-one mentoring for the next generation of talent. We welcome all industry professionals to participate as mentors, regardless of background, experience level, area of expertise or title.
Registration for the Summer 2024 MADE Mentorship Program will be available in 1st quarter 2024.
"Our future marketing and advertising leaders are not just looking for a job, they are looking for a meaningful career that will make a positive impact on society."— Gord McLean, President and CEO at ANA Educational Foundation