Breaking into the marketing and advertising industry can be challenging. This program provides a rewarding experience for mentors who want to give back, as well as an invaluable opportunity for students to learn about the industry and gain an edge at the start of their careers.
Mutual goals include:
- Building leadership and communication skills
- Developing relationships in the industry
- Learning about different perspectives
- Making a new friend!
From brand strategy to creative direction to media planning to data analytics, MADE mentors represent a wide range of focus areas and companies within the marketing and advertising industry. We welcome participation from industry professionals of all levels.
Registration is now open for the 2023 MADE Mentorship Program, running from March 1-June 1. Sign up here by February 15, 2023. You will be notified of your mentee match and next steps the last week of February.
Hear from some of our previous mentors!
- It’s been a low maintenance but highly rewarding program! – Andy
- I love having the opportunity to mentor (and get to know!) a friendly, engaged, intelligent individual in a 1×1 setting. My mentee for this season has been a great fit, and I’ve enjoyed learning from her as well along the way. – Adam
- I love connecting with my mentee and seeing her progress. I share stories and tips about how my career developed, and give examples of how to continue to build her networking clout during her internship. – Robyn
- This is my third year and I’ve had two excellent students. Last year the student assigned to me just never seemed interested in connecting. Abigail and Dijon have both been very enthused and appreciative, and I’m still in touch with Abigail two years later. – Tim
- The program has connected me with a very bright student, who has been very eager to learn. The mentorship has given me a chance to share my practical experience with the mentee and I found the progress to be delightful. – Hussein
- This is the second year I’ve mentored. Both mentees highly responsive and capable. – Jim
The MADE Mentorship Program helps aspiring marketers and advertisers prepare for careers in the industry. Students get matched with an industry professional to mentor them on career development topics like resumes and LinkedIn, interviewing, networking, career paths, and many more.
Applications for the 2023 MADE Mentorship Program, running March 1-June 1, are currently closed. To learn more about resources for marketing and advertising students, check out MADE Online.
Hear from some of our previous mentees!
- I have really enjoyed getting to know my mentor and I have learned really valuable advice and skills to take with me moving forward. – Avery
- Me and my mentor gel very well with each other and she definitely has offered me so much perspective on a number of things related to life and career. – Jahmani
- I think the program is great and a really useful tool for someone who is just starting out and interested in learning more about the industry. – Emily
- This is the first time I’ve been in a mentorship program where I was finally paired with a mentor who was a creative, which is what I’ve been looking for in a mentor! Everyone has been very helpful, easy to reach, and responsive to my questions throughout the program, which has made it so easy and beneficial! – Lauren
- I have been given so many incredible resources through this program that really helped me excel further than I would have without it. I really enjoyed meeting with my mentor, as she gave me excellent advice on the advertising industry and helped me connect with other creatives in my field. – Ryan
- My mentor was very flexible with meeting times and is so helpful already! He offered a safe environment to ask questions and his expertise aligns with my interests. – Claire
"Our future marketing and advertising leaders are not just looking for a job, they are looking for a meaningful career that will make a positive impact on society."— Gord McLean, President and CEO at ANA Educational Foundation