Alfred J. Seaman Award
**CALL FOR PAPERS**
ALFRED J. SEAMAN AWARD FOR BEST UNDERGRADUATE PAPER
Deadline: March 29, 2019!
Two Award Categories now available:
Advertising and Society
A panel of AEF board members, consisting of professors and advertising/marketing professionals will select the winners of the competition. The 2019 awards, including a $1,000 cash prize for students, will be presented at the AEF annual Honors Night dinner on Monday, June 10, 2019.
Professors or students may initiate submissions. Each nomination must include:
- a copy of the paper from current academic year
- a supporting letter from a professor familiar with the work
- an abstract (no longer than 200 words)
- the student’s resume
- other relevant supporting materials the student wishes to include
You must specify to which category you are submitting work.
Submissions are due no later than March 29, 2019.
Papers may be up to 5,000 words and must be submitted in digital form via email to email@example.com. Each paper should address one or more aspects of the relationship between advertising and society; or marketing innovation. The paper should promote one or more theses or hypotheses and should set out to support the perspective the paper is trying to prove.
Students are strongly urged to employ original research, yet secondary research or a combination of both is acceptable. Typically, a paper will be one that the student has prepared as a part of a course. However, papers written specifically for project submission are also welcome.
Note: Additional supporting material beyond the 5,000 words may be included in the form of appendices to cover such items as sources/footnotes, research data/tables, creative samples etc.
ANA Educational Foundation
Submissions will be evaluated based on five (5) criteria:
- Idea – How original is the idea relative to the subject category? How well does it advance important discourse?
- Hypotheses – How interesting, cogent and compelling are the hypotheses offered? Are the hypotheses capable of being supported?
- Quality – How well is the paper written? Is it clear, well organized and well argued?
- Proof – How effective is the proof for the hypotheses? Does the paper make a solid argument through original and/or secondary research for the ideas posed?
- Conclusions – What are the implications of the work? Do the conclusions suggest valuable ideas and invite additional exploration of the subject?
- The winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
- The AEF will pay for travel and overnight accommodation in New York for the student and his/her professor so that they may attend the AEF’s 2019 Honors Night gala on June 10, 2019
- The winning papers will be considered for inclusion among the educational materials on www.aef.com.
NOTE: The winning Student Paper must satisfy all judging criteria. The awards will be presented at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee.
We look forward to your submission.
"Honestly, the speaker made a career in advertising sound so attractive that I am considering changing my major."— Student at University of Tulsa after AEF sent Speaker from Insight Creative Group